The conference took place at Tinbergen Institute Amsterdam. The institute is located on the first floor of a high-rise. All rooms are equipped with a projector, white board, and a desktop for presentation slides. Participants will also have access to Wi-Fi (see below for more information).
Tinbergen Institute Amsterdam
Gustav Mahlerplein 117
1082 MS Amsterdam
How to get there
The TIA is well accessible by local public transport:
From Amsterdam Central Station and or city center
- Tram line 5, direction Amstelveen/Binnenhof, stop Amsterdam Zuid/WTC
- Metro 51 (combined metro/express tram), direction Amstelveen/Westwijk, stop Amsterdam Zuid/WTC.
From Schiphol Airport
- When arriving directly from Schiphol Airport, you take a direct train to Amsterdam Zuid WTC Train Station, and walk 5 minute to the Symphony building.
Walk from Station Amsterdam Zuid/WTC to Tinbergen Institute Amsterdam
Leave the station via exit ‘Zuid’. You are now at the Gustav Mahlerplein
- Cross the square and cross the street (‘Gustav Mahlerlaan’)
- The Tinbergen Institute is located in the Symphony’s Offices building
- The entrance to Tinbergen Institute is the second revolving door on the left, walk up the stairs or use the elevator on the right.
- The Tinbergen Institute is situated on the first floor.
Map and directions can be found TI’s website: www.tinbergen.nl
Inside the building
The Tinbergen Institutes’ conference venue is located on the first floor, Gustav Mahlerplein 117, Amsterdam. To find your way inside the building, the following directions may be useful:
- The 13th Tinbergen Institute’s Conference registration/conference desk is on the first floor, in the reception are of Tinbergen Institute Amsterdam
- More details follows about lunch.
- Coffee breaks and refreshments will be served outside the conference room.
Access to conference activities
The name badge that you receive upon registration entitles you to enter the conference and to enjoy complementary coffee and lunch services arranged for participants. We kindly ask you to wear the badge at all conference events.
Free WiFi-access. Eduroam is available. In case of technical problems with eduroam, please consult Christina.
Coffee/tea and lunch will be provided.
Please be informed that eating and drinking is not allowed in the conference room.
A laptop, beamer, and a white board will be available in the conference room for presentations. To avoid the loss of time, hooking up of personal laptops is discouraged. Presenters are invited to the room at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the session, so that presentations can be copied onto the PC before the session starts. Our congress assistants will be happy to assist in case of technical difficulties.
Smoking is prohibited inside the building, in all public buildings, and in all public transportation. Smoking on public transport stations is allowed only in designated smoking areas.