The Behavioral and Experimental Economics group has an influential position in this field in the Netherlands and Europe. CREED, the Amsterdam-based group, focuses particularly on three main projects: economics of political decision making; bounded rationality and institutions and experimental economics. The research of the Rotterdam-based group focuses on two broad themes: decision under risk and uncertainty and intertemporal choice.
Winner of the award of the best TI PhD alumnus 1999-2008 (together with Andrea Galeotti).
Key publications by author
- Shades of Darkness: A Pecking Order of Trading VenuesJournal of Financial Economics, Vol 124. (3), June 2017, Pages 503-534
- Price PressuresJournal of Financial Economics, 2014, 114 (3), 405–423
- Does Algorithmic Trading improve Liquidity?The Journal of Finance, 2011, 66(1), 1-33
- Competition for Order Flow and Smart Order Routing SystemsThe Journal of Finance, 2008, 63(1), 119-58
- High-Frequency Trading around Large Institutional OrdersJournal of Finance, Forthcoming
- Need for Speed? Exchange Latency and LiquidityReview of Financial Studies, 30, 2017, 1188–1228