Prof. Jose L. Moraga-Gonzalez, Ph.D.
I am Professor of Microeconomics at the Department of Economics of the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (4 days/week), and Professor of Industrial Organization at the Department of Economics, Econometrics and Finance of the University of Groningen (1 day/week).
I teach Microeconomics at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Game Theory and Industrial Organization at the Tinbergen Institute, and Regulation and Competition Policy at the Amsterdam University College.
I am also affiliated as research fellow with the
Tinbergen Institute, CEPR, CESifo, SOM, CERRE and
the Private-Public Sector Research Center (PPSRC) of the
I am Co-Editor of the International Journal of Industrial Organization, and Associate Editor of the Journal of Industrial Economics. I have also served at the Spanish Economic Review as Associate Editor.
Below you find a list of recent research papers with links to updated versions, as well as a list of research activities I am (or have been) involved in.
“Empirical Industrial Organization,” January 26, 2018, Tinbergen Institute
4th Workshop on
“Industrial Organization in the Digital Economy,” March 2-3, 2018, HEC Liège
Workshop on “Behavioral
Industrial Organization,” June 1, 2018, Tinbergen Institute
Workshop on “The
Economics of Platforms,” September 28-29, 2017,
For a complete list of publications, follow this link.
· “Search Intensity, Wage Dispersion and the Minimum Wage” (with Pieter Gautier), Labour Economics, forthcoming. (Paper).
“Strategic Wage Setting and Coordination Frictions with Multiple Applications” (2004).
Recently published articles:
· “Non-sequential Search Equilibrium with Search Cost Heterogeneity” (with Zsolt Sandor and Matthijs Wildenbeest), International Journal of Industrial Organization, 50, 392-414, 2017. (Paper).
· “Do Firms Sell Forward for Strategic Reasons? An Application to the Market for Natural Gas” (with R. van Eijkel and G. Kuper), International Journal of Industrial Organization, 49, 1-35, 2016. (Paper).
· “Consumer Search and Prices in the Automobile Market” (with Zsolt Sandor and Matthijs Wildenbeest). (Paper) NEW!
In the earlier version of our paper we estimate a non-sequential search model (Paper).
· “A Model of Directed Consumer Search” (with Marco Haan and Vaiva Petrikaite) (Paper).
“Price and Match-Value Advertising with Directed Consumer Search” (2015).
“Consumer Search with Observable and Hidden Characteristics” (2011).
· “Competitive Sequential Search Equilibrium” (with Makoto Watanabe) (Paper).
· “Quality Provision and Welfare in Search Markets” (with Yajie Sun) (Paper).
· “On the Identification of the Costs of Simultaneous Search,” (with Zsolt Sandor and Matthijs Wildenbeest). (Paper).
E-mail: j.l.moragagonzalez AT vu.nl