Prof. Jose L. Moraga-Gonzalez, Ph.D.
I am Professor of Microeconomics at the department of economics of the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (4 days/week) and Professor of Industrial Organization at the department of economics, econometrics and finance of the University of Groningen (1 day/week).
I teach Microeconomics at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Game Theory and Industrial Organization at the Tinbergen Institute, and Regulation and Competition Policy at the Amsterdam University College.
I am also affiliated as
research fellow with the Tinbergen Institute, CEPR, CESifo,
SOM, CERRE and the Private-Public Sector Research Center (PPSRC) of the
Below you find a list of recent research papers with links to updated versions, as well as a list of research activities I have (co-)organized not so long ago.
For a complete list of publications, follow this link.
· “Non-sequential Search Equilibrium with Search Cost Heterogeneity” (with Zsolt Sandor and Matthijs Wildenbeest), International Journal of Industrial Organization, forthcoming. (Paper).
· “Do Firms Sell Forward for Strategic Reasons? An Application to the Market for Natural Gas” (with R. van Eijkel and G. Kuper), International Journal of Industrial Organization, 49, 1-35, 2016.. (Paper).
· “Competitive Sequential Search Equilibrium” (with Makoto Watanabe) (Paper).
· “Quality Provision and Welfare in Search Markets” (with Yajie Sun) (Paper).
· “Consumer Search and Prices in the Automobile Market” (with Zsolt Sandor and Matthijs Wildenbeest) (Paper).
· “Price and Match-Value Advertising with Directed Consumer Search” (with Marco Haan and Vaiva Petrikaite) (Paper).
· “On the Identification of the Costs of Simultaneous Search,” (with Zsolt Sandor and Matthijs Wildenbeest). (Paper).
· “Strategic Wage Setting and Coordination Frictions with Multiple Applications” (with Pieter Gautier).
Workshop on Search and Switching Costs,” May 23-24, 2011,
on the Economics of Advertising and Marketing,” June 11, 12, 2010,
E-mail: j.l.moragagonzalez AT vu.nl